The Unquiet: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback)
NOT on our shelves - Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 6 in the Charlie Parker series.
- #1: Every Dead Thing: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $18.00
- #2: Dark Hollow: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $18.99
- #3: The Killing Kind: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $18.00
- #4: The White Road: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $18.00
- #5: The Black Angel: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $18.99
- #7: The Reapers: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $18.00
- #8: The Lovers: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $18.00
- #9: The Whisperers: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $18.00
- #10: The Burning Soul: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $18.00
- #11: The Wrath of Angels: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $18.00
- #12: The Wolf in Winter: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $18.00
- #13: A Song of Shadows: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $18.99
- #14: A Time of Torment: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $18.99
- #15: A Game of Ghosts: A Thriller (Charlie Parker #15) (Paperback): $18.00
- #16: The Woman in the Woods: A Thriller (Charlie Parker #16) (Paperback): $18.99
- #17: A Book of Bones: A Thriller (Charlie Parker #17) (Paperback): $18.99
- #18: The Dirty South: A Thriller (Charlie Parker #18) (Paperback): $18.00
- #19: The Nameless Ones: A Thriller (Charlie Parker #19) (Hardcover): $28.00
- #20: The Furies: Two Charlie Parker Novels (Compact Disc): $49.99
Haunted private detective Charlie Parker returns in this “not to be missed” (Bookreporter) thriller by New York Times and internationally bestselling author John Connolly.
Daniel Clay, a once-respected psychiatrist, has gone missing, following revelations about the harm done to children in his care. Now, a killer obsessed with finding the truth about his own daughter’s disappearance is seeking revenge, and Charlie Parker finds himself trapped between those who want the truth about Clay to be revealed, and those who will go to any lengths to keep it hidden.
As with his previous novels, John Connolly masterfully intertwines mystery, emotion, and violence in this gripping page-turner. Fast-paced, hypnotic, and elegantly written, The Unquiet is John Connolly at his chilling best.
About the Author
John Connolly is the author of the Charlie Parker series of thrillers, the supernatural collection Nocturnes, the Samuel Johnson Trilogy for younger readers, and (with Jennifer Ridyard) the Chronicles of the Invaders series. He lives in Dublin, Ireland. For more information, see his website at JohnConnollyBooks.com, or follow him on Twitter @JConnollyBooks.
"The haunting creepiness of this thriller will guarantee late-night goose bumps." --Richmond Times Dispatch
"The [Parker series]offer the thought- provoking philosophical and theological depths that are missing from most of the genre." --The Sacremento Bee
"Connolly's genre-bending novels - merging horror, the supernatural and crime - make him a singular presence on the crime scene...[The Unquiet is] hard to put down, harder to forget." --The Observer (England)
"This frightening work of darkness and beauty, written by one of the true masters in the thriller and horror genres, is not to be missed." --Bookreporter.com
"[Connolly's] Parker novels are far from typical whodunits but are multilayered offerings that peel away the soul of the world-weary Parker and most anyone who comes in contact with him." --Patriot News (Harrisburg, PA)
"Connolly fans will delight in the foul return of a recent, albeit forgotten villain featured in one of the author's Nocturnes short story collection...Enter the dual world of John Connolly, where the tangible and the metaphysical often collide, emitting sparks of blood, phantom whispers and the secrets that entomb the living."--The Clarion-Ledger
"You can't put down a book in this series once you've begun it." --Kingston Observer
"Connolly has always had a talent for invoking a frightening sense of place in his stories. Landscapes areas potentially evil as his characters, and in the gothic woods and windblown seascapes of Maine he has found the perfect milieu...Charlie Parker is one of the more fully realized, complex detectives slogging his way through the evils of the world...In a genre full of recurring private eyes, Parker stands unique and consistently complex." --Rocky Mountain News (Denver)
" [John Connolly] writes superbly mesmerizing dialogue. You'll be running shards of it through your mind after the book is finished...The Unquiet ends with the tantalizing suggestion that the detective, after years of relentless, self-righteous violence, has literally lost his soul - and that the ultimate enemy has yet to come. I can't wait." --The Irish Times
"Fans won't be disappointed." --Library Journal
"Connolly is a master ofsuggestion, creating mood and suspense with ease, and unflinchingly presents ahard-eyed look at the horrors that can lurk in quiet, rustic settings."--Publisher's Weekly
"Connolly’s dark,lyrical prose, will leave unshakable images lurking on the edge of the reader’sconsciousness." --Booklist
"A thrilling read"--Financial Times (London)